This is a post for those of you brave enough to give up your favourite tipple (or indeed alcohol as a whole) for the summer- or because you’re pregnant, trying to slim down or for any other reason!
Gin and vodka are our weaknesses here at the Spirit Festival, and we respect those of you giving up for whatever reason.
Below are five of our favourite mocktail recipes from across the internet that we think you’ll love.
Treat your taste buds during this trying time with some delicious, minimal-effort concoctions!
2-3 Dashes of Bitters, to Taste.
200ml Tonic Water (we recommend Double Dutch Tonic – they have a Slimline version if you’re slimming!)
Lemon Juice to Taste
Slices of Lemon to Garnish
1. Over ice, add your bitters and squeeze your lemon juice into a glass.
2. Top up with tonic water, mix, then garnish with a slice of lemon.
1 Ounce Lemon Juice (2 if you really like lemon)
2 Teaspoons Simple Syrup
2-3 Ounces Soda Water (we recommend Double Dutch! Experiment with their different flavours for an added twist)
Slice(s) of Lemon to Garnish
1. Add the simple syrup and lemon juice to a tall glass filled with ice and mix well.
2. Top up with soda water.
3. Add the lemon slice to garnish.
10g Lavendar Heads
250ml Boiling Water
600ml Cold Water (or sparkling water)
Lemon Juice from 2 or 3 Lemons
1. Add the lavender heads to a pan and pour the boiling water over them. Gently simmer for two minutes.
2. Take off the heat and leave for ten minutes. Then strain the flowers before adding sugar to the remaining liquid and stirring.
3. Add the cold water before adding the lemon juice, stirring.
4. Serve over ice.
Tip! If you want to try this recipe with a twist, click here for a recipe which adds coconut!
2 Cups Water
3 Sprigs Rosemary (and 1-2 extra to garnish if desired!)
1 Cup of Cranberry Juice
2 Cups of Apple Juice
1. Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan before adding the rosemary and simmer for five minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to steep for one hour, covered. Chill in the refrigerator if you’re wanting to serve later on.
2. Add ice to a glass, along with the rosemary water. Then add the cranberry and apple juice.
3. Add a sprig of rosemary to garnish.
In the Spirit Festival office we are obsessed with Double Dutch’s soda water. You can drink this water straight from the bottle, no effort required. I recommend the cucumber and watermelon flavour – it’s addictive!
So whatever you’re sipping on from now until Easter Sunday, have one on us!
See you really soon!